Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, June 21, 2010

Come swing with me

I love the look of a swinging chair or day bed, whether indoors or out on the verandah they just scream relaxation to me. My parents have one in their outdoor entertaining area & it is loved by the adults as much as the kids.
Have you ever tried sitting on a swinging chair & been able to resist the urge to swing?
That gentle, rhythmic motion is irresistibly soothing.

Image via This old house



Image via My home ideas


source unknown

I dont think you need a view to get pleasure from a swinging chair, any location will do, BUT, a fabulous   out look would certainly heighten the experience! 

Porch traditional exterior
traditional exterior design by other metros architect Frederick + Frederick Architects


It would appear there is a style for every decor

adwait kher contemporary living room

Schriever Residence eclectic family room
source unknown

Image via savvy housekeeping

Source unknown
This is by far my favourite image, the colours are beautiful, the wall paper & rug are lovely, its very feminine & romantic, don't you think?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore these as well! We have a swing on our porch similar to the first image!
xx

Jenny said...

I think this would work nicely on your huge back deck. Imagine sitting out there with your laptop and a coffee (morning) or wine (afternoon) and reading through the blogs.... How nice! Lots of soft puffy pillows and cushions....

Mama Hen said...

I love a swinging chair. I also love drinking lemonade on a nice porch. I am a new follower from MBC! Come visit Mama's Little Chick.

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

alicia said...

I'm lusting after that 3rd one. Love to sit and swing...

Unknown said...

I would love a swing chair! I am going to have to work harder at convincing hubby that it is a good idea! I love the last one too, it is perfect. I can imagine many hours curled up with a glass of wine and a good book, just relaxing. xx

Unknown said...

Oh yes, bring it on!!! I'd love to have one hanging from our big gum tree out the front like on 'It's Complicated' movie. How nice to have a big day bed one too, to snooze on. I blogged about that last image a month or two ago, it's apparently the day bed swing in Gwyneth Paltrow's house! Nice for some hey! Jxx

Kym said...

Oh how I would love an outdoor swing....to go along with some wide verandahs and a new house and ..... and ...and...... dream on!

Paper Tree Studio said...

I adore these outdoor swings. I'll take the one from the first image please .... along with the lovely country outlook! Hope you have a good week. Michelle

Dawn K. said...

I love it! Wish I had a place for an outdoor swing -- perhaps when I live in MY dream home. Found your through Mom Bloggers Club and I'm a new follower. Stop by and say hello sometime!

Dawn
http://www.thewayiseethings.typepad.com

Kathleen said...

Beautiful beautiful post. The last one is by far my favorite as well. Would love to have that in my house, but then my boys would have it covered in mud in a few seconds. I still have a few years before I can purchase anything new or white.

Visiting you from MBC.

Kathleen
http://www.lifewith4boys.com

escapade said...

Oh this is just idyllic - we had a swing on our verandah growing up - I'd just lie there in the afternoon sun daydreaming...

Maria Killam said...

I love the look of them too, especially on porches!

Laura said...

I love this post trish, I had actually saved some pics on the weekend and was going to do a post on the very same thing!!! I did have different images though. And I also did a bus roll canvas thingie for my sons room that I was going to post later, great minds must think alike!!!!
Have a fantastic day,
Laura xxxx

Blogs said...

Oh so pretty...I agree....relaxing and beautiful:)

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Gorgeous Trish! I love the idea of swinging away, drink in hand and not a care in the world. Must keep these pics to show my hubby - he wants one too, but there's no way I'm having one of those ugly, gaudy aluminium-framed numbers you get from Bunnings. No, these are more my style, so thanks for the inspiration! K xx

Ez said...

haha awwww the swinging chair, we all hustle and bustle for the swing chair at Mum & Dad's now, imagine if it looked like one of those pictures! We'd be having all of our lil sunday afternoon "happy hours" there!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I have always wanted one of these! They are so relaxing!

AddThis Smart Layers