Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I think I saw a ghost chair !

Who doesn't love the look of a ghost chair?
I have previously mentioned how much I adore them & several fellow bloggers have informed me that they are indeed comfortable, SOOO, eventually I will be letting my dream guy know that YES his crazy wife really does want to purchase a couple of these very stylish but virtually invisible chairs!!!
Having a complete lack of interest in anything design related, including fashion, I'm guessing he will scoff at the mere mention of spending his hard earned cash on anything that isn't a tool or doesn't catch a fish, but, fear not fellow bloggers & decorators, nagging, whining & giving the cold shoulder work a treat for this little princess, just don't tell him, LOL!!!

Image via willow decor
I would like my replica ghost chairs to serve me loyaly as desk chairs.

Image via VT Interiors

Because they are clear I will sell them to my dream guy by stating that they visually disappear & therefore reduce the appearance of clutter...
He is a neat & tidy kind a guy!!!

Image via Janet Ewen


 Image via House to Home

They make a lovely addition to this kitchen
Domino Deco Files eclectic dining room
Image via houzz

I am constantly drawn to this image, its so light & airy & almost sparse, not to mention that fabulous candelabra in the corner.
I really do like the look of lots of  glass with silver & white.


Image via House to home

They look fabulous in so many decor styles, especially with a tulip table.

Image via Patricia Gray interiors

Once again paired with glass allowing that fabulous chandelier to take centre stage.


Image via Manolo brides

Can you imagine them as the chairs for your wedding reception, the bride would look as if she was floating, how magical.

Image via willow decor

You can even dress them up with a sheer or lace style slip cover if you get board.

Image from Sarah Richardson

They also make a glamorous addition to a bathroom vanity.


I have discovered so many online stores where you can purchase them & they start at as little as $159( Aussie dollars that is)

image via Obeedoh
Get a full size chair for yourself & a baby size louis for the kids in a colour to co ordinate with their bedroom!!!

13 comments:

brismod said...

It's such a versatile chair. I'm sure you can convince your hubby into it. xx

lisa mae said...

love love love them.....i think you just have to have one xox

Unknown said...

I like your argument! My hubby is always complaining about too much stuff so that would work on him! Your images are delightful! xx

Blogs said...

very neat...never seen before...interesting(:

Jane (the girl in the brick house) said...

Beautiful images and yes, they seem to look good anywhere! I think you should go for it and maybe hubby won't even notice they're there!

Jenny said...

Well Trish I think you should grab a couple now and put them in storage until you are ready!!! It will be so exciting when you move into your house and you get to bring out all your lovely items.

Ez said...

I agree with Jenny Trish, lets go shopping! haha

How amazing does that first picture look, it really does look like there is a chair ghost. I absolutely love the look of them, in all of those pictures they seem to add to the clean and spacious look!

Louie Lucite said...

I saw the armless on sale here, $129


http://www.interiorexpress.com/ghost-chairs.html

Willow Decor said...

It is a great chair but I find they scratch very easily so best to be used as an accent piece if you have children.
xx-Gina

Christine said...

Ohh My fav is the third photo. I just love that desk and the chair looks fab! Beautiful! Christine x

Gutsy Living said...

I just found your blog and showed my husband your chair and his reaction was, "They won't last. They're just plastic." Such a typical male statement, I thought. I like them.

Cameron said...

Oh my gosh I love your blog!! I am so happy you stopped by mine so I could find you! These are such great pictures & such great sources of inspiration! We are living in a townhouse right now as I'm finishing up school, but within the year we are planning on moving into a house better fit for building our family!! I'm going to need so many design tips!! I'm definitely a new follower of yours!!

ghost chair said...

aye, these are so versatile and I find it hard to see why anyone who is interested in victorian, modern, or both types of design wouldn't want these!

AddThis Smart Layers