Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, June 18, 2010

Whats your style in one picture challenge


I decided to enter a fun challenge today over at the wonderful blog From the right bank
The challenge is to show what your style is in one picture, & here is mine!!!


This is a room from the home of interior designer, stylist & fellow blogger Bree Oliver. What a talented women, with incredible style.
I adore EVERYTHING about this room & would kill to be able to decorate my dream home in this style.
I love the black timber floors & as you know I can't go past a black & white colour scheme.
This room has most of the things I dream for in one space, a gorgeous chandelier, a zebra print rug, a wing chair & don't forget that clock, then add that to the beautiful fireplace, the homes period features & heaps of natural light with a gorgeous garden view to boot...it must be heaven to be able to live, surrounded by such beauty!!!!
You can buy some of these wonderful pieces from Bree's home furnishings range...I seriously need to start saving my pennies because I love everything she has on offer!!

Pop on over to the from the right bank & even if you don't want to take the challnge you can check out all of the other bloggers pics that have, its very inspirational.
Thank you Ally for such a fun idea!!!


9 comments:

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Love this too Trish - Bree is so talented. I don't think I could narrow my style down to just one image - although a few have come close. I like so many different styles, I have serious commitment issues! Great post, will pop on over to check out everyone's pics. Have a great weekend! K xx

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous room Trish. I actually used it as inspiration for a room makeover in one of my assignments. I love it too, it is just so elegant. xx

Paper Tree Studio said...

Love the black and white palette used in this room along with the symmetry. It looks like a very peaceful place to live ..... I think we all need a little more calm in our lives. Gorgeous pick! Have a good weekend. Michelle p.s. of coarse my style would have a touch of mid-century modern! Going to visit the blog now.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning, stunning space. This is an example of why black and white will always be my first love! It's always a classic! Thanks so much for participating in my challenge! Have a lovely weekend!

Ange said...

I have admired Bree's home ever since I first saw it in Home Beautiful.
What a fun challenge, might give it a go. Thanks Trish.
Angex

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you Trish for stopping by.
So are you the friend that will water for me? He, he, ha, ha!!!
I am going to be away 2 days and will travel with notebook/laptop so I won't miss much.
Beautiful inspiration.
xx
Dore

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
I have just discovered your wonderful blog & have just spent the last 20 mins reading back through it. I too am a blog addict (!!!) although after 4 years it still is a bad addiction.....no hope now in fixing it! I love it here! I have happily hit the 'follow' button on your blog & look forward to getting to know you & seeing your dream house come to life.
Sarah x

houses for sale philippines said...

I LOVE your style and your post. Your makes me realize everything every time I read.

lisa_d

Real Estate Philippines said...

It's indeed an art to stop new visitors with your attractive writing style. good job. thanks for posting.


new houses for sale Philippines

AddThis Smart Layers