Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A reader request for floating shelves

I have a reader who would like to use some floating shelves for her home office, but is unsure where to begin.....so I thought some inspirational pics would give her a great starting point.


I know she likes orange!!!

I especially like the order here.


Here's one for all you lovely crafty ladies.

A nice use of a loft style space.

This is a lovely work space, the colour scheme makes it feel like a happy space.

Storage galore. Black & white is my personal favourite

All images via Desire to inspire
I love the Kim & Jo over at Desire to Inspire, you really should go check out there work, you won't be disappointed.

The home office can so easily become cluttered & messy if you don't have systems in place to keep on top of things. Storage is certainly a top priority here.


By using a unified colour scheme when it comes to storage boxes, folders & magazine holders it enables you to create a stylish & restful work space that is still very functional.
Has anyone used floating shelves in their home? We would love to see your pics or hear your ideas. Feel free to add a comment or email me

3 comments:

Ez said...

Thanks Trish!

I love the white shelves in the second pic, I think I would like to have something like with some storage boxes with orange on them perhaps?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Dream House Trish said...

My pleasure!!!!

Kym said...

Hi Trish, thanks for visiting my blog...I really like yours and think I am your newest follower...love the pics..and will be back to read more..Good luck Kym X

AddThis Smart Layers