Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, May 24, 2010

My reading Nook

My Reading Nook

The art is a couple of max Mannix prints, he is my dream guy's favourite artist, he is also an Aussie artist.



I thought I would give everyone a peek into my home. We are only renting this house & its a little smaller than we are used to.  A lot of our things are in storage, ready for when we build. Unfortunately we have already lived here longer than I imagined we would & although the concept plan  for our house is being drawn up by an architect at the moment, I'm sure we are still months away from any construction. My little home drawings that I did with my ruler & pencil don't really qualify as usable, but they do give the architect the general idea( I'm sure he had a little giggle at my total lack of drawing ability)


My little table scape, I can't wait until I have my own place so I can invest in some bits & pieces to improve my table scape's, Ive been learning alot in this department from some of my favourite bloggers.


I have a small home magazine obsession, in fact under the table is 3 sea grass baskets choc full of my favorite house mags.


I love the texture of these bits & pieces.

I love to sit here in the morning & have my coffee whilst the family sleep. AAAAHHHH the serenity!!!

Do you have a favourite place to sit & read?



3 comments:

Ez said...

I do appreciate a nice reading nook and plan to create my own with some comfy chairs, a nice lamp and little table.

I have to say though that I have spent many hours in this particular nook looking at/drooling over magazines with a glass of red - love it! (the nook I mean, not the red...well maybe...haha) x

Dream House Trish said...

I can't wait to go shopping with you when you do your reading nook, your ideas are great. Im sure we can celebrate a job well done with a glass of red!!!

Blogs said...

I need something like that....can't wait to move into our new place....right now I just read at the pool! This is very nice....thanks for sharing!

AddThis Smart Layers