Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

What a great day, Mothers day has been.The lovely cards made at school, a vey pretty bottle of bubble bath for me to enjoy & a great family picnic at Walka Recreation & Wildlife Reserve, which is a heritage listed parkland at Maitland, NSW.
My Worlds Greatest Mum Diploma made by my son.

The Pump House


My sister Erin(left) & Me on the Lake

Here I am with my mum

The family taking the lake walk

Walka water works is steeped in history & is one of the largest & most intact industrial complexes built in the 19th century. The pumphouse which was buit in 1887 features a striking chimney & ornate brickwork.The large lake area is home to over 300 species of birdlife & is surrounded  by various walking trails. we took full advantage of the lovely picnic areas, the playground & even took the lake walk, although we ran out of time to do the tour on the mini train.I should also say  a big thank you to Mother nature for giving us an incredible sunny autumn day!!


Happy Mothers Day to all!!!!!

4 comments:

Maria Killam said...

Happy Mom's Day to you!!
x
Maria

Ez said...

It was such a fun day! and Walka is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey, love the pics. Looked like a great day. Wish I could've been there too. Then we could've have been three sisters together. Love the blog.

xxx Deb.

Dream House Trish said...

Thanks for the lovely comments guys, mothers day was great & we would have loved it if you could have been there Deb.
welcome to my blog Maria its certainly an honour to have you drop by!!!

AddThis Smart Layers