Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fit & Healthy- Week 2

One week in & I am happy to report I am ridiculously sore EVERYWHERE!!
A crazy statement I know but you do have to experience some level of discomfort on the path to being fit & healthy.
I worked hard at cutting down on my sugar intake just as I had planned.
 I did suffer some withdrawal symptoms, mostly just a dull headache that lasted for 2 days & I was a tad moody/snappy.
Sorry kids :-)

The week went well during the week, but I did unfortunately fall of the wagon on the weekend as far as my nutrition is concerned, having a few cookies & pizza one night for dinner.
 I also enjoyed a few glasses of wine as planned.

My training was fantastic all week. I completed week 1 of the Couch to 5 k program plus added an extra 2 walks.


I also managed to do a weights work out for every muscle group.
At this stage my weights program for this first 4 weeks consists of 3 -4 different exercises for each muscle group with 3 sets of up to 12 reps. I am trying to set my weight so I do lift to failure by the third set & its working a treat, hence the sore muscles.

This weeks plan of attack

Nutrition - 

Keep trying to beat that sugar addiction.
I have made some clean sweet treats to help with that, you can get my protein ball recipe 

I will share more recipes as we go along some using protein, some without.
I will also be cutting down on my carb intake at night which will also reduce my dinner size, something that is necessary as I eat far to large a meal at night considering I am not doing anything physical.

Training -

I will tackle Week 2 of Couch to 5K

  I will  continue with my weight training program but this week I am going up my ab training to twice a week  as good core strength is the foundation for everything & i would like to pick a muscle group each week to target a second time, this week I think its going to be shoulders.



I did weigh, measure & take a couple of BEFORE pics last week as a measure of how I am trekking but I know if I check in on those stats to regularly, I tend to self sabotage, so I will just keep at it for a few weeks, until I can feel some changes in my clothes, before I worry about those tasks.
I do however fell less bloated & a little more energetic already.
I will be participating in the February

so perhaps I will wait until then to measure my progress.

Remember, If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't work!!


If you would like to catch up on last weeks post you can read it  here

How are your fitness & nutrition goals for 2015 coming along?

CHEERS
Trish x

No comments:

AddThis Smart Layers