Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Saturday, December 12, 2015

Pantone chooses two colours for 2016 Colour of the year

I am a little excited about this news.
 I cant believe Pantone have chosen not one, but two of my favourite colours for 2016 Colour of the year.
This means everything I love will become available in my favourite colours, not just in home decor trends but also fashion
Insert a squeal of delight right here!!!!


Here is what Pantone have to say in regard to the latest colour selection

For the first time Pantone introduces two shades, Rose Quartz and Serenity as the PANTONE Color of the Year 2016. Rose Quartz is a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Serenity is weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.

This beautiful vignette from French Country Cottage is a stunning example of how to use Rose Quartz. I am seriously obsessed with pinks & coppers at the moment.


How stunning is this inspiration image from the Taubmans website.


There is nothing more serene than coastal style decor wouldn't you agree...
Whilst these colours are great as a stand alone accent the reason Pantone have chosen the two is because they work so well together.






Texas design firm, Collins Interiors
 certainly know how to combine pinks, blues & neutrals to create a serene yet very stylish space.

I wish I had some photos to show of my first ever home back in the early 90's. Yes, I am showing my age now. It was painted pastel shades of blues & pinks throughout,  showing that all things come back into vogue eventually, either that or my style has never changed & I have been waiting for fashion to find me, again, he he he!!!!

What about you, will you be embracing these fresh new colours & incorporating them in a small way in your home, or going completely nuts & painting the entire house?

I have recently purchased some gorgeous new pink linen to sew up some new cushions but that will be for another post.

Have a great weekend everyone.

CHEERS
Trish xx






No comments:

AddThis Smart Layers