Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Advice needed for A trip to the red centre,

Later this month my dream guy & I are taking a 3 day KID FREE trip to Australia's red centre or as most Aussies would know it
AYERS ROCK
 also called by its traditional aboriginal name
 ULURU



Uluru is the largest monolith in the world standing 348metres above ground level & has a circumference of 9.4km . I have booked to climb it after watching the sunrise & the next day a base walk with sunset canapes & wine. I think that should be a spectacular sight.


We will be attending "The sounds of silence" dinner on the first night, which is basically dinner under the stars,  in the middle of the desert, sampling some traditional Aussie cuisine & a star talk....
sounds rather romantic!


We will also be doing 2 different treks at Kata Juta, which is also known as The Olga's.
Kata Juta is a series of 36 big round domes that rise up from the desert floor, the highest being over 500 metres tall.There a 2 different walks you can do, so we will experience one at sunrise with a lovely picnic breakfast & then after the second trek we get to watch the sunsetting over the Olga's, whilst sipping champagne, so glad my chatterbox children wont be there to talk me thru such serene moments!

There are so many tours you can do in the area,  as well as many other places to see, it was extremely hard to decide & now I am concerned I may be missing something fantastic by just choosing  only cover two destinations.I figured we might as well experince the most of the rock & the Olga's rather than only seeing half of each location. I am also trying to keep in mind we only have 3 nights there & we would like to relax a little as well.



I have dream't of travelling to Ayers Rock for what feels like a lifetime now, so this really is a dream come true. I can't wait to take photos out there with my new camera, thank goodness for sd cards, I can snap away as much as my little heart desires!!

There is a safari you can do to a place called Mount Connor which is situated within a large cattle station, you get to see some  salt lakes & all the flora & fauna that live amongst it, as well as experience sunset at Mt Connor & dinner at the homestead, I would have enjoyed this alot



OR
there is the Kings Canyon tour which is a 300km trip from the resort & then a spectacular 7km trek around the rim of the canyon with some pretty incredible views to reward you, after climbing 500 rocky steps at the start of the trek. This tour last 12hours, starting at 4am. The thought of being on a bus for 6-7 hours all up was a bit of a turn off,but you can have an overnight stay out there & do sevaral different walks, so perhaps that would be better as a whole other trip!
Mmmmm, so many choices & to top it off the dream guy says
 " you choose, its your trip, its just a rock to me"
he is NO help!!


Have you been to Ayers Rock & do you have any advice of whats good & whats not, all tips are greatly appreciated!
Check out the website if your keen to visit this incredible part of Australia, you can book everything right down to your air fares .

Ayers Rock Resort

Any way I am soooo excited, I can't wait to share with you all!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx




10 comments:

Just Martha said...

How darn exciting!! Kid free to boot. Id this for a special occasion? Sounds very nice. I can't decide between the two either although maybe the treks being so spectacular will outweigh the bus trip... Have fun!!

Ez said...

Not a lot of advice coming from me but a whoooole heap of jealousy is heading your way!! lol

The only bit of advice I have is that I was told AFTER my trip overseas that putting your camera through the metal detector at the airport can wipe your SD cards so you should tell them that you have your camera in your bag and for them not to put it through? I dont know whether they would agree to that or not? Luckily my pics were all still in tact after many metal detectors!

Cant wait to hear all about it!

OH! and since you insisted on a pictures from the Eifel Tower from me, I insist on a picture msg from Ayers Rock from you ;-)

x

Paper Tree Studio said...

Sounds wonderful - and no kids - bliss. Enjoy. Michelle

Laura said...

Hi Trish, the resort sounds lovely! and I think the weather should be just right and not too hot at the moment, take lots of lovely pics - I have never been there, so this is as close as I am gonna get!!!!
Laura xxx

Adriel Booker said...

Well, I don't have any advice for you unfortunately... but just wanted to say that I'm so excited for you. That dinner under the stars looks in.cre.di.ble!! I visited there in 2001 but it rained. :( Must go back!!!

Tara said...

Sounds great Trish,My husband has put the climb on his bucket list..xx

Anna White said...

Sounds Amazing Trish...and anything Kid Free you have to be double excited about..what an amazing adventure to have..look forward to hearing all about it lovely x

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. I'm jealous two. How about you ditch Mick and just take your two favourite sisters instead. lol.

Seriously, You deserve a nice weekend away. Enjoy!

design elements said...

sounds wonderful! lovely images!

Mimi said...

Hi Trish, Wow how exciting, it is a dream of mine to visit one day. I think I like the sound of the trek! I look forward to seeing the beautiful picture you will take. Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow. Mimi xx

AddThis Smart Layers