Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello 2011

Hi everyone,
I found myself dropping off planet blog over the Xmas/ new years period,
life was just a bit hectic,
filled with family & festivities!
Here's a bit of an update of how we filled our days...


We did Christmas dinner at our house twice, 


The first time was a few days before Chrissy for our family that were travelling elsewhere for the big day & then again on Christmas day for us & my parents.
It was a really lovely day & I was lucky enough to be given my first D SLR camera....
I haven't stopped taking photo's since, mind you I have NO idea what I'm doing.
Thank goodness for all of those talented bloggers that enjoy passing on tips to the newbie photographers!!!!

Although this is an old photo from my last house, I really did get to share a bottle of Moet with my lovely neighbor & friends for New years.
Maitland put on a fantastic fireworks display on the Hunter river each year & we had a fabulous view of them from our street, which was great!!!



Then it was time to take down the tree & put my house back together, the living area seems so much more spacious without a giant tree in the room.


We have enjoyed some great family days, this is my 2 favourite men fishing at Stockton beach


of course you cant go to the beach without building a few castles


dream child no.1 also got a DSLR off Santa so we had a lovely day snapping the sights of Newcastle & Stockton


My ultra gorgeous little sister is also the proud owner of a fab camera & the 3 of us wandered around like crazy tourists snapping up the sights & experimenting with different features on the camera....sooooo much to learn, soooo much fun!


We have also had to have a couple of skate park excursions for dream child no.3 to hone his scooter skills!

So this is what Ive been up to lately, plus a trip to the movies to see "Mega Mind", a few shopping adventures & several trips to our local pool.

We have so many exciting adventures planned just exploring Newcastle & The Hunter Valley, we don't have time to go on a holiday & that's why I love where I live!

What have you been up to so far?

CHEERS
Trish xxx





14 comments:

MrsKT said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time over the Christmas/New Year period.

Paul and the kids surprised me with a new DSLR camera on Christmas morning as well, I too haven't any idea how to work it yet, but have taken hundreds of photo's anyway!! I am going to do an online photography course when it runs next.

Best wishes for the new year :)

Katena xx

The Decorating Emporium said...

Don't you just appreciate your lounge room that much more once the tree comes down?!

Glad you had a lovely Christmas and New Year, Trish. Here's to a fabulous 2011, where your dream becomes a reality!

M
xoxo

Unknown said...

You have had a busy festive season Trish and it looks like you had a fabulous time! It sounds like you have lots of fun planned for the holidays and you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful area! Happy anniversary to you it's nice to find that we have another thing in common! I wish you all the very best for the new year. May 2011 be full of wonderful experiences for you and may your dreams come true. xx

Jenny said...

Happy New Year Trish, looks like you had a great Christmas. Good luck with the new camera! ;-)

Unknown said...

Hey Trish, welcome back to blogland. I am looking forward to all your new pics. I found I just kept taking snaps with each setting until I worked out what worked for me.
Chat soon. K

Raine and Sage said...

Happy New Yr Trish! snap, snap, snap!!! :) Congrats on the new camera. :) Sonia

Tara said...

Hi there Trish.We were up in Newcastle the week before Christmas visiting my mum, but the weather was shocking so my guys didn't get to the beach.Glad you had a lovely time with your mob..xx

Ange said...

Hi Trish, nice to see you again :o)
What a great break you have had! I hope 2011 is a good year for you and that you make great progress on the house-front.
Looking forward to some really professional photos this year!
Angex

Jane said...

My, you've been busy, Trish! I'll be so interested to see how you find your DSLR - I only have a Sony point and shoot so have been wondering what a DSLR would be like. J x

Belle Inspirations said...

Sending best wishes your way for 2011, nice to hear from you again, looks and sounds like your having a fabulous time. Have a wonderfully adventurous week xx

Georgy said...

Happy New Year, sounds like you have had a great time over Christmas. I love my digital SLR too, what an excellent present. Hope this is a good year for you, looking forward to all the updates. G

Just Martha said...

Thanks for the tips Trish - you are a very handy person to know!!!

Laura said...

Seems like there is so much to do where you live trish!! You must be having so much fun with your new camera!!
Hugs, laura xx

Pamela said...

Hi Trish!

Happy New Year and thank you for your comment and visiting my blog!
Pamela xo

AddThis Smart Layers