Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dreaming of a Staircase

I am having a staircase in my dream house & I am a little unsure at this point how it will look.
I originally had it all planned but it would appear with the design challenges of a sloping block & the fact we have a budget the stairs have had to change. At this point in time I have no idea how my staircase will look or even if we enter from the family room or the entry.
So I have been stalking staircases online so I have plenty of ideas when I have some insight into that part of the project.

Stonebreaker Builders & Remodelers traditional staircase

I love white painted stairs & the extra storage is a fantastic idea

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary family room
I'm thinking of a white painted staircase & a carpet, perhaps sisal, stair runner...

Entry Stair Case traditional staircase
I just love dark timber floors with a traditional white painted stair rail

Image via Decor Pad
 This staircase is definitely the WOW factor of this home...

Image via Decor Pad
A very creative & unique touch, a hand rail fashioned to look like a tree branch

Image via White Cat Vintage
I just love the white on white, its so restful & clean

image via The Five Year Project
This is a fabulous design for the family home, not to mention the striped stair runner.

source unknown
Total glamour

source unknown
This actually came from an add for smart technology in the home but I just thought it was a beautiful
 stair case.

source unknown
Everything about this stair case & entry is Divine, EXCEPT, the kid on the scooter....Take that thing OUTSIDE!!!!
Source unknown
I love the storage & mirrors, they bring a little extra glamour to an already beautiful space. I look at an image like this & dream of painted white floors
Image via Sarah Richardson Design
I have to admit Sarah Richardson is definitely one of my favourite designers, everything she presents oozes class. She mixes pattern & texture & colour with such ease, I wish she was an Aussie. I would invite her round for coffee, for sure!!!

Don't you just love a beautiful stair case, do you have stairs at your house!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

10 comments:

Blogs said...

I know I wouldn't let that kid in my house with that thing...haha...i love all of these...especially the built ins underneath...fabulous:)

alicia said...

If I could design my dream house it'd have the staircase where you could see it from the entry. And that mudroom would be a must too!

Laura said...

Hi trish, we plan to one day build up and a staircase we will need for sure! You have found some great images, thankyou for sharing those.. Personally i love the idea of extra under staircase storage, or how about a harry potter room!! my boys would love that!
thankyou too for your lovely comments, your thought and friendships mean heaps; love and hugs,
laura xx

All things nice... said...

Trish

Thank you so much for the inspiration, I love that first staircase. I will be having a straight staircase in my new home and I would love a white one, but then again I want wooden doors and skirtings so the white might not match very well.

All things nice...

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I adore staircases....I love the collection you have gathered here. I think I am gravitating toward the stairs with dark floors and white railing.

Cheers~
e

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, yes we have a staircase and it is on the to do list. It is currently all timber but I would like to paint is to look something like your 3rd image. I also like the idea of that storage on the side so might have to try and factor that in as well. Good luck with yours. ;-)

Kerry said...

I don't envy you the job of having to decide from all of those gorgeous choices. That tree banister is extraordinary and I love the mirrored doors as well. I have a tiny staircase up to the built-in mezzanine level in my townhouse. But don't get me started...I had to have my brand new leather sofa bed dismantled and rebuilt to get it up there!!

Unknown said...

A white riser no matter what staircase will make a beautiful statement.
That kid must live in an apartment or he paid for the house and thats the only reason he can ride inside.....
timber stairs and a middle runner, pure class and sophistication.
Good luck with the final outcome.

Ange said...

Great lot of images Trish!
When we moved 2 years ago I promised the kids a house with stairs...unfortunately there was absolutely nothing suitable when it was time to buy but I do intend to keep that promise, one day we will have stairs.
Angex

B is building a house said...

Some gorgeous staircases!!!
:)

B

AddThis Smart Layers