Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dream house bathroom progress

Well the dream house is progressing to the point where it is almost ready to begin.
 
Just waiting on a few more quotes to arrive for final costing & the surveyors to come & peg a few things out so all of the floor levels are perfect.
 
I have to say I am ridiculously excited at this point & cant wait to see some  dirt getting dug up!!
 
I have pretty much finalised the bathroom, ensuite & laundry selections with the vanities & laundry cabinets designed & quoted, the tiles are all quoted & just waiting on a quote for tap ware toilets & bathtub.
The only choices left to make are the light fittings & blinds, but there is no immediate rush for those,
 
Source Porchlight Interiors
 
This is my inspiration for the bathroom & I have been fortunate  enough to find a ceramic basket weave tile just like the ones in the pic. I will also have the white border tile.
 
 
You guessed it, white subway tiles on the wall with a nice white capping tile. There will also be a strip of pencil tiles just to add a little more interest as I have gone white for everything.
You can check out more of my home inspiration here on my 
Pinterest boards.
 
I will be having two recesses in each shower to store all of the necessities.
 
 
 
My vanity designs have been drawn up & will be custom built by Planit Kitchens who are also doing the kitchen & laundry.
 
 
A close up of my floor tiles, I found these babies at
Jacoba Tiles which are one of my local tile stores, you can read about my last attempt a sourcing tiles locally here
Price wise they were very reasonable which made me very happy.
 
Lets hope it all comes together as I am imagining it !
 
Any advice or suggestions gladly accepted as at this point it is all just quotes,nothing ordered so its not to late to change if I am making some horrendous design faux pas.
 
CHEERS
Trish xxx
 

5 comments:

KL said...

Lurve your tiles, vanity plans, pricing progress and Planit. You go girl! X kl

Ez said...

Love Love love it all!

Lena Gatti said...

Lol I remember when we built our first home thinking the same ... each week I would drive down hoping to see something, anything, even just the gravel on the footpath for the trucks deliveries (just to show that they had started) !!! it all goes pretty quickly from there ... good luck - loving your bathroom ideas + tiles looks very glam :)

Melissah said...

How exciting - I love your bathroom concepts.
x
Melissah from Coastal Style

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post on custom bathroom remodel. Your bathroom remodeling designs are awesome. I am also used these design ideas for remodeling a custom bathroom.

AddThis Smart Layers