Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, June 3, 2011

Bloggy manners

You know even though I am a crazy obsessed blogger, I really don't have very good computer skills.
I love when I receive an email after leaving a comment on someones latest post, I don't know about you, but, this really does make me feel wanted & that my time & interest have been appreciated.


Image via Apartment Therapy

Now I didn't know how to do this without making it a labor intensive task & lets face it, I want to read everyone's posts, not spend forever tracking down email addresses, then ....
along comes the very clever Jane over at
Mind you, Jane posted this fabulous tutorial back in February & I have only just gotten around to implementing it.
SO from here on in I  can have lovely bloggy manners & shoot you back a little email, answering any questions you may have & returning the luuuurrrrrve!!!!!



Image via Mark Burstyn Photography

Thank you Thank you Thank you Jane, these flowers are for you because I know life at Planet baby is preeeeetttttty hectic right now!!!

Jane has a fabulous blog telling of her adventures with her 3 beautiful pixies in Tasmania Australia, she inspires, educates & brings us readers lots of smiles with her wonderfully honest & witty posts,if your not already a planetarium you will be after your first visit.



I cant remember where I got this image from but I thought a giant clock was a great representation of how I take my sweet time getting around to things, LOL!!!

So are you using follow up emails for the lovely readers that leave comments?

Do you think its good bloggy manners or it doesn't bother you either way?

I'd love to hear what you think!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

7 comments:

Glamour Drops said...

Ah this is interesting. I have been getting a couple of these emails from people in the last few weeks, and wondered what was going on! It is a lovely idea.

brismod said...

There you go. I had no idea about having comments sent as an email...still learning so much about this blogging game! xx

melli said...

how clever is miss Jane..she also taught me how to do it also :) xx

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing Trish. I'll go and update my comment settings now. Ange

Amanda said...

I don't do the email thing myself, but for those who take time to comment, I always visit their blogs in return and say hi. If someone asks me something specific however, I will always email them an answer.

Raine and Sage said...

Jane is amazingly generous in her sharing of knowledge. I think it's nice to hear back from people everynow and then; even if it's once in awhile.

Jane said...

Oh, Trish, you darling. A week away from Blogland and now I find this. Thanks so much for your sweet mention - it's made my day, as well as Melli's and Sonia's lovely words. Thanks, my friend! J x

AddThis Smart Layers