Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, October 17, 2010

Better Homes & Gardens Live

Well my trip to see BHG live was definitely worth while.
 We had a wonderful day out, although my guest list dropped off a little. It only ended up being myself, my mum & dad & my 3yr old daughter, the others all got what they thought was a better offer!

I had 7 tickets so I gave the 4 spare tickets to some people out the front before we went in as I didn't want them to go to waste.
There was an enourmous amount of exhibits to explore & everyone working on them was extremely helpful.


Mya had a wonderful day, she painted & played & ate her way thru the exhibits, sampling lollies, chocolate, popcorn & whatever people offered her really!!!

There where a lot of live shows from the BHG team but having a pram meant you couldn't really get close enough to see what was going on, but I'm sure they where great.
I did catch a snippet of Tara  doing a demonstration & I have to say, she is even more gorgeous in real life than she is on TV.

I was a little disappointed that there where only 4 rooms set up on display to inspire us.

They where decorated by an online company called

Connect Furniture has a collection of over 1000 diverse & unique furniture providers

You just type in what your looking for  & it will bring up a pile of choices

You are then able to purchase online & your lovely new piece will arrive within 14 days
Now that makes shopping easy!!!

One of the suppliers for Connect Furniture is

They decorated this space for BHG live

love the venetian mirror

& the corbusier chaise lounge

this mirrored buffet was just gorgeous

so where the Metropolis trunks.

I would love to hear what others thought of the day, I hope everyone had a great time!

Cheers
Trish xxx


11 comments:

Georgy said...

Sounds like a great, fun day. I like the photos of the displays above. G

Jenny said...

Glad you had a fun day and thanks for sharing some pictures. ;-)

NATURAL MODERN INTERIORS said...

It looks like you had a great day and I hope you got some great ideas. That mirrored buffet does look nice. Have a great week, Lisa

lisa mae said...

oh i love the mirrored buffett {beautiful} sounds like you had fun........have a great week trish lisa xox

Tara said...

HI there Trish, I would have loved to taken my mum there.I gave her a mag subscription for Chrissy, she loves the show..I'm sure Tara was lovely,I hear all people with that name are(ha ha).Have a great week..xx

Raine and Sage said...

It's never easy to navigate a pram around large venues with a lot of people. Still sounds like you had a nice time though and particularly Mya. :) x

Blogs said...

what a great experience for all! :)

Tina said...

Oh I wish I had been able to go the the BH&G Live. Your little Mya looks like she had a ball...gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing the pics! That mirrored buffet is lovely:) Hope you have had a wonderful start to your week ~ Tina x

Kerry said...

I didn't stay for as long as I could have as Ikea was calling! But I just loved the fabric stalls...they were heaven.

Paper Tree Studio said...

Sounds like BHG Live was well worth visiting. Unfortunately we didn't ge to see it while we were in Sydney - just couldn't fit it in.
Sorry I haven't visited for a while, with all my renos and market stuff I haven't had a lot of time. I have just had a wonderful time reading over your past posts though (the computer even timed me out - I must have been taking too long!). Sounds like you had a great break over the holidays. Michelle

Noosa Beach House said...

Oh that looks like a great day out, glad you had such a lovely time and how nice of you to give away some tickets - I'd say they were very happy! I love the mirrored buffet too but to tell you the truth, it's too scary to contemplate - it would be covered in fingerprints in no time in this house!! x

AddThis Smart Layers