Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, September 6, 2010

Relaxed olive

Ive never been a huge fan of the colour green, I don't have any in my home, I don't even wear green clothing, but I am trying to change my colour phobic ways, so I thought I would take a look at Olive green!


 How Fantastic does olive green look paired with crisp white trims & dark timber furnishings


I have to say I have fallen in love with this room, so light & fresh...


I'm really loving hints of zebra in all sorts of rooms, it tends to add a little more character, the olive is a refreshing accent colour in this very neutral space. Don't you just love that wall of glass, what  a clever design idea!



Even though this room is decorated in busy patterns I think the restful colour scheme tends to tone things down a little


Timber & white add a spa like feeling to this bathroom


An ultra modern office that  would probably suit any colour scheme...


A simpler more earthy take on the olive green office!

So after saying I'm not a green person I have to admit I did love all of these images, although I think if I where to use olive green in my home I would stick to accent pieces rather than painting my walls.

How about you, do you find it easy being green?

CHEERS
Trish xxx 

17 comments:

Life in the Country Lane said...

I have always been into green in the home, but now find the 'heritage/country' faze has long passed in me. I have turned to blue when I have never had a blue room, but more in the fresh, and romantic look. I guess our tastes change as we do, but I do love the olive green and the images pictured show it beautifully. I agree that accents are the best way with the ever changing gorgeous interiors out there - then we can have any color we want! Enjoy your week Trish.
Rebecca x

Tara said...

Hi Trish,I love anything green..from shabby greens to deep ones..I must admit when I was into traditional country I had it everywhere but now I just have it as a pop of colour.
Have a great spring day...xx

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Trish,

I love green because it's soothing AND it's a neutral! Everything goes with green.

Warmly, Michelle

Natalie @ Blossoming Visions said...

It's amazing that you say green because it's the same color I've been thinking about. I don't think you can go wrong with that color in all honesty. It's relaxing and it's looking like the new neutral nowadays. Good luck on your choice!

brismod said...

I love green in a modern home. It always seems fresh when teamed with white.xx

Laura said...

Hi trish,
I have to say I am totally the same; not much green except for a few little bits in my sons room.. I guess if youre not a green person; youre just not!! Great pics though, and all so restful and calming.
Have a great day!!
Laura xxx

The Decorating Emporium said...

Hi Trish! Olive green has never been my thing (my Little Girl has green teamed with pink in her room though), however after browsing your blog today I am looking around the house wondering where else I can work it in - the Study might just be the place.

Thank you for today's inspiration!
M
xoxo

Porchlight Interiors said...

I am a green fan from way back but this olive green is just gorgeous! I love that glass wall idea too! Tracey xx

Beautiful House said...

Hi Trish, lovely pictures. I have a white provincial kitchen with a hint of green in the walls. I have hogs bristle on the rest of my walls, 1/4 strength I think. Its quite soothing.
Sam

CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

You're so right! I would never have thought olive can work..but when it's teamed with white it looks so fresh!
Great reference shots by the way...
x

Paper Tree Studio said...

Green is my favourite colour so I find it very easy to live with green. Love the images of the offices. Green teamed with white is always gorgeous! Michelle

Millie said...

I'm not a fan of olive green Trish, but I do love lime. I don't own a single bit of green clothing, my kacky hazel eyes don't do a thing for green!
Millie ^_^

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I am really drawn to greens. Usually the lighter softer greens. I agree with you - I like the addition of zebra and animal prints in general. They are really fun!

Felicity said...

Try the green Trish, try the green.
The last image is terrific, I love the use of the plants in amongst the diagonal shelving.
x Felicity

Viera said...

I love green , any shade but kelly green is my fav.
In combo with black it make such an impact.
X
V

Unknown said...

OMG Trish! That is so cool, we have to rent a flat while our house sells, and I just had it painted, you guessed it, olive green! I love it, I couldn't do anything super dark because it's a rental, but it looks so fab. It's olive green and gray, just gorgeous! XX!

Unknown said...

I love those glass division.

outdoor blinds Melbourne

AddThis Smart Layers