Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A broken wing

My little man has a suspected broken  bone in his hand, the bone between your thumb & your wrist, I know what its called but not sure how to spell it, LOL, those bones have big scientific names!!

Of all the jumps, tricks & turns he performs on his scooter you would think this is how he injured himself, but NO
he actually fell of his push bike, he was riding down the street & ran into a parked car!!
The car came out of it unharmed but dream child No.3, not so good.
It may take up to 2 weeks before we find out if the bone is definitely broken, due to the type of fracture & location, it doesn't always show on an xray until the healing begins. we have a plaster for precautionary measures at this point.
Here's hoping its NOT broken!!!


On a positive note it looks like dream child No.2( the blonde) is moving back home with us in the Xmas holidays, as much as she has enjoyed living with her dad, she misses us as much as we miss her.
I have to say I am very excited about this!
I am actually standing up on the garden wall so I am taller than my girls in this pic, I'm so glad they are taller than me, less pants to hem!!!



I cant do a post about my kids & leave dream child No.4 out, here she is on the left, painting with her cousin. They thought they where just great because they are wearing pops shirts as paint shirts!
This is my sisters little girl & she is off to big school after Xmas & well & truly ready for the occasion. I think she will teach the school a thing or two, she is one clever little chicken!!!

Have a lovely week everyone & thanks for dropping by to say Hi!
I really do love to read your comments :-)

CHEERS
Trish xxx


10 comments:

brismod said...

Your poor little boy! I hope his arm isn't broken. You've got lovely children Trish! x

orchidlanedecor.com said...

ouch. Boys ... they make you grimace in pain prematurely ... then they hurt themselves doing the simplest of tasks. I hope everything works out OK. It could have been worse!
Suzy xxx

Unknown said...

That is terrible news for your little boy, I hope it isn't broken and that it is well and truely healed in time for the holidays! What wonderful news for you Trish, to have your daughter back soon, it'll be lovely to all be together again! xx

Paula said...

Trish, sorry to hear about your little man's arm. Yes, hopefully speedy recovery and all ok for Christmas hols. Take care x

Beautiful House said...

Oh no Trish, I hope there are no broken bones, what lovely family photos. Enjoy your week.

Life in the Country Lane said...

Very exciting news to have your daughter returning - I remember how difficult it was for you when you posted about it. Im very happy for you and the family. Hope your son has some goods news with his hand.
Rebecca x

Unknown said...

I hope child number 3 recovers quickly...this one is not easy to deal with....
-adventurous boy being told to be careful of the arm..not easy
-the boy is male and they always hurt louder than girls..hehehe
-Its nearly school holidays and christmas...

sending mending thoughts.xK

Tara said...

Trish,thanks for your lovely thoughts.I hope your little guy mends quickly..xx

Georgy said...

Hope your little boy is ok and the bone isn't broken. That is good news about your daughter. Nice to see lovely photos of all your children. G

melli said...

poor little man..boys!!! i have my oldest son with a suspected broken pinky too.thinking of you and hope it went well and its not broken xx

AddThis Smart Layers