Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, November 26, 2010

A bad hair day

In case you don't already know,  I am currently a stay at home mum, but previous to moving to the Hunter Valley I worked as a hairdresser, owning my own salon in the Blue Mountains.
Now this little tidbit of information about my past is just to help paint the picture of the horror I felt when seeing my sons new hairstyle!!!

He & his dad thought it would be FUN to surprise me with the fact that I didn't have to worry about giving Tom the new summer hair cut he desired!!

SURPRISED..Yes I was indeed, in fact, I struggled to hold back the tears.
My dream guy knows I'm not a fan of what he affectionately calls "A real mans hair cut"


This is what he looked like pre clippers & he was in need of a trim, but hey dream guy, I can see why your an electrician & not a hairdresser.

Lucky he is a good lookin rooster, Ay!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx


15 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, Lordy, Trish! Hmm, I also get nervous when Mr PB takes Joshie to get his haircut. He does the opposite - he doesn't get enough cut so I have to tidy it up. Not quite your situation! J x

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

Well, at least he wont need a haircut for a while! xx

Pink Flamingo said...

Wow what a haircut! put some suncream ontop of that cute little head!

MrsKT said...

Oh no Trish, I can imagine your horror when they returned!! He still looks pretty cute :)

Katena x

Noosa Beach House said...

Oh my goodness, I can imagine your shock!! At least it's hair and it will grow back!! Cheers x - he still looks cute btw!

Natalie @ Blossoming Visions said...

Oh he still looks as darling as ever...I know how you feel though. My husband did the very same thing to our son a while back, but he recovered. Have a good weekend!

Georgy said...

He does look great either way but do agree with keeping a little length. My little boy is in urgent need of a trim but he has these gorgeous curls that I love to keep some of. G

Raine and Sage said...

I have to say he does wear the 'do' well. Yes he's a good looking guy, and can get away with that style. Many can't! As long as he's happy is the main thing, and it'll grow back. :)

Tina said...

Oh Trish, I think the shock would have been huge, but you are so right...he is one cute little guy that can carry that new haircut off with heaps of style. Hope you have a wonderful weekend lovely ~ Tina xx

Town and Country Gals said...

Trish,
That haircut was pretty drastic! Reminds me of the time I came home from a trip and my daughter who had had hair down to her waist since she was little, talked her dad into taking her to get it cut up to her chin! Needless to say, I was not happy but it always grows back! Your little one is adorable with short or long hair, but I'm with you, loved the before! So glad you visited me and became a follower! Love your blog and will be checking back often!
Rebecca

Belle Inspirations said...

Trish, thanks for making me laugh and cry in one post! I must say your husbands a very lucky man to have escaped unscathed. Your sons still adorable though!

Tara said...

Trish,with eyes like that he could pull off any haircut..Cute as a button..xx

brismod said...

Lucky hair grows - but he's a pretty cute looking and won't have bed hair for ages!

Life in the Country Lane said...

Oh he looks so much older!!! The day my partner
'lost' his curls I near cried. He looks so tough now! Your son still looks cute - and as you know it will grow back in no time.
Rebecca x

Julie-Ann said...

Oh Trish I feel your pain. When my son was 3 I left my hubby with him at the hairdresser. Whilst hubby was busy reading the latest car magazine he failed to notice that the english punk hairdresser gave our 3 yr old a punk haircut. Including a shaved line all the way around his head - just above the ears. It is the only time I have gone off at a hairdresser- oh and my husband lol. I mean what were they thinking??? My solution a hat and time for it to grow back:). Hang in there lovely.

AddThis Smart Layers