Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Saturday, June 5, 2010

A place to relax

After almost 2 weeks of miserable wet weather the dream kids have started to drive me a little crazy!!!
To soothe my frazzled mind I have searched thru my inspiration pics for a quiet & peaceful space that I could dream of relaxing in!!!



I think this might do the trick....


Now this looks rather soothing...


Mmmmmm.......


Dreaming of owning a ghost chair...


Loving such a soft colour scheme....


Imagining my own personal library....


Swooning over black & white....


Oh look Ive saved a spot for YOU too!!!

Would you prefer a glass of Red or White wine while we relax & dream of our favourite spaces...Whats that?.....No there's no children calling my name....didn't hear a thing...SSSHHHH!!!!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

A glass of red please Trish! :)
I love all these images too, I hope you get some relaxation and peace and quiet time this weekend.
Jxx

Ange said...

If anyone's in my spot when I get there they better look out!lol. I'd be scared I might spill red in those last 2 pics so I'll settle for water...oh, I see you have already served one up (on the side table next to the chaise, last pic):o)
Angex

Kym said...

Ohh I think I'll have a red thanks...love the pics especially the second one. That mirror is to die for! I also have a bit of a thing for black and white at the moment..it always looks so sophisticated. Thanks for inviting me around for a drink..and no I can't hear any children either..must be something in that wine...enjoy your weekend ;) Kym X

Jenny said...

Just had a red but happy to share another with you in any of those gorgeous rooms you have shown. I love the first shot and the last one and I too would love to have one of those ladder libraries.... Once day... How nice....

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found you from Blogfrog.Thank you for sharing nice blog.

please join my community and visit my blog if you have chance for exchange our Quality time!

http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

Have a great day.
Nan

Ez said...

Now that the weather is a bit chillier I think I'd prefer a red, although from the looks of all of the other comments, we are going to need a LOT more of those chairs in the last pic for us all to relax and have a drink together.

I hope you managed to get some relaxation in this weekend,I'll msg you tomorrow for the markets ;-)

xx

Dream House Trish said...

Okay ladies the Chardonay & iced water are in the fringe, Ive stocked up on the Merlot & shiraz & ordered a dozen beautiful daybeds & a fabulous baby sitter for all the kids, NOW lets put our feet up, relax & enjoy a good chat about all the things we love!!!
Cheers

Gwen Driscoll said...

I need all these calming spaces too. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by RHS. Have a great week.

the old boathouse said...

I am so with you on the need for a ghost chair.....love them, cheers katherine

AddThis Smart Layers