Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, June 11, 2010

A concept Plan for the Dream House - Part1

 After drawing up my own very amateur plans for our dream house it was time to take it to the architect. We have chosen the builder we would like to use & he will liaise with the architect to ensure our house is designed exactly how we want it.
This is the first draft & there are many changes to be made but I thought I would share this process right from the beginning, perhaps you may have some great suggestions....

This is the view from the front. My dream guy really wanted a portico for our guests  to park under...I didn't !We agreed that if something was to be cut from the budget this would be it, BUT, as luck would have it , now he has seen this drawing, he no longer likes the portico, so its going...this makes me happy!!!

I can't wait to see what the next draft looks like without the portico...


This is the back of the dream house, our block slopes away at the back so we are able to utilize this space by putting our garages, gym, kids area & storage all downstairs.
This end is not exactly how I had envisioned it but we will get some changes made here as well, this small side window on the bottom level should actually be a door, there should be a side window upstairs.That is the kitchen area upstairs & from that corner, you get the best view, so it would be a shame to just look at a kitchen wall & the pergola should be on the downstairs level.


I love the look of sketched versions.
Front view



Back view

I'm loving the upstairs alfresco area, it opens up from the kitchen & the view from there will be amazing!!



This is the view from ground level, the floor level for the alfresco is 3m higher than here.

Let me know what you think, any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Trish xx

9 comments:

Ez said...

OMG! I LOVE it! Cant wait to sit on the back alfresco area and look at your view!

We wont tell "dream hubby" that I dont think the portico looks as bad as I had imagined it but your right, its still just not right.

xox

Laura said...

It looks fantastic trish, and really big from the drawings, how exciting, you are really lucky to have the chance to build your dream home!!
Have a lovley weekend,
lauraxx

Unknown said...

How exciting Trish! Your dream house looks lovely! That alfresco area looks amazing and your view is fantastic! I am so happy that you are sharing your journey with us! xx

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Wow. It's going to be great. I'm so happy for you. You were right about the portico, by the way. I thought it made the house look like a commercial building.

Warmly, Michelle

brismod said...

Wow! It looks great - you must be feeling very excited. Fabulous views too.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you Trish! Your house is going to look amazing! Can't wait to see more. Your views are beautiful I already want to just step out onto your back portico with a glass of wine and have a great chat. V exciting!
Jxx

MrsKT said...

Trish

This looks great, I love the upstairs alfresco area.

Look forward to seeing more.

MrsKT :)

Jenny said...

Great views! How nice will it be to sit out in the alfresco area on a summers night... I actually didn't mind the Portico but don't tell your husband. Where is the garage entry? Is that to the side perhaps. It will be fun following your journey...

Elizabeth said...

Have you been down to have a look at the new Metricon display houses at Thornton? Lots of wow moments down there.

AddThis Smart Layers