Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, August 5, 2010

House Update & a big Thank you!

I love these chandeliers over the bedsides & think I have convinced my dream guy that its the perfect idea for our master bedroom, I haven't shown him any pics as yet, I just talk about how much I want them, veeerryyy regularly!!!

Just a quick post to say a
BIG THANK YOU
When I wrote about my concept plan & how I wanted my dream house to look, I asked for your ideas & suggestions on things I was unsure about  & I couldn't have gotten a better response.
You guys offered so much encouragement & helpful tips, I know I'm going to get all the advice & assistance I need just right here.
 For this I want to say Thank you & here is what I have learned:

image via Decor Pad

Two mirrors in the ensuite is the preferred choice,
wouldn't it be just Divine to be the lucky girl who owns this beautiful bathroom.

Image via Elements at home

Then there was the kitchen island & some fabulous tips...

I don't recall where I got this image from but this is another island I really adore, nice & simple but stylish,
Don't you think?

You suggested I make sure it is deep enough to ensure the kids don't put dirty foot prints on the back panel, you would think this would be a no brainer as the rental we are living in has gyprock(plaster) as the back panel at the breakfast bar & it is always filthy.
 So thanks for this reminder.
Another fabulous suggestion was to put a power point on the side of the island & that is definitely going on the electrical plan, certainly very practical & logical suggestions.

I really do appreciate your ideas, I have put so much thought into planning this house, but, there will always be things I will miss, no matter how much I stare at the plans & measure everything insight.

CHEERS
Trish xxx


8 comments:

melli said...

loving your ideas!!.i have a island bench at home and my only problem is not as much as the finger prints but the kids swinging off the bench part as they are still at that height.i'm going to put splash back on my back panel (looks good)as i have splash back instead of tiles on the walls.
By the way Thank you for the link i check it today and i think i found my chandelier at beacon lighting XXX

Unknown said...

Love leaving hints and tips for building as this is a passion of mine.....so anytime you want to run something past us...go for it;)
Congrats to you for being the proud Mumma of a 100% child....too cool......
I think I know of another island bench that you will just adore maybe I should email you the pic...I will look for it tomorrow.

Blogs said...

those chandeliers are sparkling:) i can't wait to buy our home...this condo living is getting old...i need a mansion for all these ideas(:

VS said...

So happy I happened across your blog, it's delightful! I can't wait to follow you along all of life's grand adventures!
Smiles,
Susie

Ange said...

I love that image of the bedroom Trish. I think mirros either side of the bedhead look great as well as the chandeliers.
Is it wierd for me to be so excited about YOUR house build???
Angex

Jenny said...

It is all good fun! Hopefully the actual build will start very soon.

Katie said...

Hi Trish,
I *LOVE* that first photo with the chandys each side of the bed. I saw another photo the other day with chandys like that and I dont know why I had never thought to do that myself... I wonder if I can get the electrician to come back and install a couple of extra wires...

And thank you for following along on my blog. It looks like we are both on similar journeys. I never thought building and decorating a whole house from scratch would be such a huge project, but I am loving it. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Katie :)

the old boathouse said...

Sounds fab!! now all you have to do is try not to stress and enjoy the process...have a great weekend, cheers Katherine

AddThis Smart Layers