Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, August 20, 2010

The Home Office & a vintage typewriter

I love a nice tidy home office, there is so much inspiration out there Its hard to make a decision on where to locate one in your home...

Home Office Inspiration traditional home office
Image via Houzz
I really love this idea for an office in the guest bedroom & the joinery matches the rest of my home & how lovely would it be to sit at the window while you work!!!

Home Office Inspiration traditional home office
Image via houzz
This space has an incredible amount of storage, definitely a necessity in an office. The chandelier really adds a lovely feminine touch , don't you think?

Cole Street traditional home office

What a practical idea to keep your home tidy, especially if you live in a small space. Just close the doors & walk away from the work, Love it!!

Image via Country Living
 This is extremely pretty & feminine, I could see myself daydreaming here!!!

I would love to have something like this set up on the wall inside my walk in pantry, as well as a row of hooks to hang the school  & library bags from, like a mini command centre...



I scanned these 2 images from a copy of Home Beautiful about 12months ago, I just love this idea...


These pocket doors are a fabulous idea, when your not working just close them & pop your chair in the corner to use as an accent piece in the room, very clever design!!!


From memory, this extremely stylish desk belongs to Marcia Cross, AKA Bree from Desperate housewives, this lives in her trailer that she uses on set...very stylish indeed!!!


I would love a beautifully disguised filing system like this one...

Image via Decor pad
A lovely addition to a teenagers room, I love the floating shelves...


This is my latest find, a lovely little vintage typewriter, I found this one at a local antique store for just $45
She needs a little bit of a clean up, but otherwise its in lovely condition.
My little Remington Portable came in its own hard case & is in full working condition, My kids think its a real hoot to pretend they are typing, like in the olden days. My mother in law said she worked on something similar at her first job. I took this photo in the antique store, forgive the quality, I will have to shine it up & make a lovely little display in the study area of our new home.

What have you done in your home to create a study area & storage for all of the mess a home office attracts?

CHEERS
Trish xxx




13 comments:

Gutsy Living said...

I am in the process of moving from California to Florida, when our house sells. I'd love an organized office instead of writing in my kitchen. I'm envious of organized spaces.

Paper Tree Studio said...

I need to do something with my home office. I have stuff everywhere - I need lots more storage space! I am currently using a spare bedroom as my space, and it is not a purpose built setup. It is something that has been playing on my mind a lot lately so thanks for the inspiring images. Have a great weekend. Michelle
p.s. love the vintage typewriter you found - can't wait to see where you put it (and the new study).

Ange said...

That typewriter is too cute Trish and you've posted some great and inspiring ideas for a home office.
I just read your comment on Jenny's blog, you know, the one with the flippin' huge hunstman! I'm with you, I felt nauseous just reading her post. I pray every day that I don't see one. I don't know what I'd do as I can't get close enough to kill them. I hate when people say in a matter-of-fact voice, "they're harmless". Give me a redback any day, at least that's small enough for me to whop with my shoe. Even my husbands size 11 shoe wouldn't help with a huntsman that big. See, I'm all nervous thinking about it and that makes me ramble, sorry, I'll stop now:-/
Angex

Viera said...

What a great find.

I love the first image- practical space and lovely colour scheme.
X
V

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

Oh, if only my studio/home office looked this great! It's a bit of a bomb site at the moment, as it always is when I'm in the middle of painting, but I'd love to have something super-organised like these. Thanks for the inspiration to get my act together! K xx

Jane @ The girl in the brick house said...

Great study ideas - I love the fold away office and the mini command centre. I could definitely do with one of those too!

brismod said...

My home office is too messy because it also doubles as a store room for certain things! I love your typewriter too!

Blogs said...

i thought about vintage hunting soon...that typewriter is something i would love to have:) so unique

Jenny said...

I love your little type writer Trish, it will look great in your new home/study. Definitely a conversation piece! Sorry to scare everyone with my spider post... I will try and get something else up pronto!!! LOL. Have a great weekend. ;-)

Tara said...

Hi Trish,I would love a home office space so I could blog away in pure peace.The typewriter is too cute!! xx

MrsKT said...

There are some great ideas amongst those photo's Trish. I really want a nice tidy little study/office in our new house, so will keep some of these images in mind :)

Dream House Trish said...

It seems everyone would love that perfect work space, full os storage as well as style. Good luck to us all in achieving this goal!!

Unknown said...

Really cool!

AddThis Smart Layers