Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Must have Chinese style & a few great clocks

I have fallen in love with Asian inspired furnishings of late, especially  these Chinese garden stools.I would love two of these silver babies in the formal lounge room of my dream house. I have seen them here in Oz at Domayne, but I'm sure you would be able to find them in many stores.

I also discovered a fabulous range of Chinese style buffets, entertainment units & coffee tables at Buyster.com.au I think a few Asian inspired accent pieces would be a good option for me to bring life to my current furniture. I haven't purchased any major pieces for my home for a few years now & my current look is a little like a furniture catalogue, EVERYTHING matches...... I  know, I know.....I can hear your toes curling  just at the thought of it. In my defence I didn't know that buying the complete set for each room would lead to such a boring look, But I have learn't the error of my ways & will be breaking up the gang as soon as possible. 






I especially love this last entertainment unit, the doors give it a real aged look
(unknown source)
I love this Buffet, it looks great with these chairs.




Whilst I was perusing Buyster's many online stores I was able to indulge my other  love, CLOCKS.



I am in the process of collecting some clocks to make a wall display & this one would be perfect.



 This one comes in a few sizes. I would like to see a large one in my sons bedroom.


 Ive only ever seen this style as a mirror


 A must have!!!


These mantle clocks add a nice touch to a cosy fireplace


Kyandra Rose

I love these images of giant clocks. I actually have a clock like the one in this last picture & its always a talking point when people see it....

4 comments:

Kym said...

Love those clock too....no you are not crazy..i can't seem to pass by a gorgeous clock..can always find a spot for one. Kym X

Ez said...

So so sooooo want a giant clock! I would love one for our outside entertaining area!

Maria Killam said...

A clock like that is such a good way to fill up a large empty space! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I've been searching in google for some items and occasionally found your adreamhousefortrish.blogspot.com blog.
You truly can write and teach and inspire. Keep writing - I'll keep reading.

AddThis Smart Layers