Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, July 9, 2010

Sunshine Award with a twist

Cameron from Ingenue mom has sent the Sunshine Award my way this week & I would like to say a BIG Thank you!!!
Cameron writes a great blog offering her experiences on life, pregnancy, being a first time mum & a wife, she also offers lots of tips & advice on many things including how to improve & manage your blog, I learn so much from her, its great.
Ingenue mom is a great read & many of you will relate to lots of Cameron's experiences, I know I do!!!

Because I only recently received a Sunshine Award I wont follow up with 7 things about me, as I fear I will bore you to tears, instead I am opting to show you 7 things on my decorating wish list formy dream house ....& I will say it is definitely a wish list, as by the time my house is built I will be wishing I could win the lottery for all the added extras us dreamy decorators require!!!

If your new to my blog & you want to read 7 things about me just drop over here


I would love to hang this chandelier over my staircase...



I will be investing in a beautiful fire place for my formal lounge, I would like each room to have a feature of its own!!!


It wouldn't be my wish list if there wasn't a clock on it!!!

I have no recollection of where I found this image, unfortunately, because I could see this lovely ottoman sitting on top of my white shag rug in front of the fireplace, in my formal lounge...
If you have seen this ottoman any where please let me know?

I would love this black side table to compliment the zebra print ottoman in the formal lounge

& it would be great to have a pair of these as well, I don't want  my tables to be to matchy. The general colour scheme of my house will be, cream, white, black & silver or variations of those colours with accents thrown in depending on the purpose of the room, some rooms will be quite formal, whilst others will be very comfy relaxed family spaces!

I think I could use a pair of these Chinese garden stools as side tables in the kids activity room, that way they could double as extra seating... we have an ink blue leather lounge for this space & if I get to ikea for a cow hide rug I think it could be a fun place to hang out!

& what do ya know, here's the cow hide rug for the activity room floor!


Now please excuse the photography, I snapped this picture whilst in the shop, but I would love this chaise style couch in a dark grey, for my family room, it also comes with a buttoned ottoman which is right up my alley.
As you can imagine my wish list is much longer than this, but I think these items give a bit of an insight into how I would like to decorate my home...
 What would you say my style is?
I loosely label my style as  modern classic or modern traditional, what do you think?

Now I'm supposed to pass this award onto some blogs I love, but I enjoy sooooo many, that I decided to  pass it on to just one new blog that I have recently discovered


A lot of my followers mention that they would like to be fitter & healthier after they read my profile & discover I have worked as a personal trainer, so I think you will enjoy Angie's blog.She has weight loss tips, recipes & shares her weight loss journey. 
So if you want to be a little healthier drop by her blog ASAP!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx 





10 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on your award - I like your twist on the 7 things list :) Have a happy weekend x

Christine said...

Well done Trish!! Love your list, some gorgeous things there! Have a lovely weekend xx

Ange said...

Congrats on your award Trish. Your blog is simply flourishing!
I love your wish list and I like your idea of having a stand-out feature in each room.
Have a wonderful, fun-filled weekend :o)
Angex

Kym said...

Congrats on your award Trish...I think your house is definately going to be a dream....we will all want to move in....thanks for sharing your inspiration and have a graet weekend. Kym X

Angie said...

Trish thank you so much for those kind words! I will accept this award!
I love your 7! #1 is gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your award Trish. I love the light, the more I see of them the more I want one! I have a feeling your new house is going to be fabulous. xx

W: Home said...

Once thing that helps me is to set reasonable goals… write down the things i need to accomplish, and then set reasonable time frames for them. Once they are set I schedule my breaks around the completion of these goals. Sometimes it changes depending on the size of the goal.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures tell us so much about you! What a lovely collection! Although as I am new to your blog, I did check out the 7 bits of information about you too. My favourite magazine is also Home Beautiful but I also like Aus House and Garden. The train on your last post has me intrigued! I have a three year old son, obsessed with trains! Thought it might make a great family holiday destination! Thanks for sharing!
X Briohny.

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, what a good idea to show 7 of your dream items. I love them all and enjoyed reading through your post. Congrats on your award. I have that light in my bedroom in white. I also love those silver side tables. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Paper Tree Studio said...

Congratulations on the award! Loved the 7 things - a fireplace is definitely on my wish list too! Thanks for sharing those blogs with us ... off to check them out now. Hope your having a great weekend. Michelle

AddThis Smart Layers