Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, July 8, 2010

Im back from a short break

I've missed everyone sooo much after taking a family trip back to my home town for the past 4 days...

It was lovely to catch up with family friends, but it was certainly very chilly in the Blue Mountains of Australia!!!
Lithgow. is a coal mining town & its most famous tourist attraction would be the Zig Zag railway




Whilst I was there, staying with my husbands parents they gave me a few family treasures that they felt I would cherish, so I will take some pics in the next few days to show you my two box browning cameras, from the 1950's, in mint condition, they are very cute...

Tonight when I arrived home & was organised enough to get on my computer, I almost instantly stumbled across this extremely gorgeous blog & I just know lots of my fellow blog friends would really really enjoy Sandy's style.


is written by a gorgeous lady named Sandy Forster & she shares her shabby french style decorating ideas in a tiny Victorian cottage that she renovated, in the Catskills, United States

I fell in love with Sandy's cabin instantly & I think you will to, its the ULTIMATE girlie space!!!
Go take a peak.
Her cabin was also featured in The NY Times & the article tells a lovely story of how Sandy came about this pretty cabin !!

Cheers
Trish xxx


10 comments:

MrsKT said...

Nice to see you back Trish, and lovely to see some photo's of "home", LOL. I bet you enjoyed the freezing weather while you were here :)

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, welcome back and glad you had a nice time. Thanks for the tip on the new blog, I shall go take a peek!

Ange said...

We missed you too Trish! So gld you had a nice break though.
I visited Lithgow when I was 15 and my NZ school choir did an Aussie tour. We sang at the high school and stayed with a great family who were AFL mad! It was a highlight of my trip.
Off to look at the blog you mentioned,thanks.
Angex

Ez said...

Glad your back! I've been having blog update withdrawal! Love the pics from home, Adam actually helped build that ugly giant miners lantern (in case anybody was wondering, thats what the 3rd pic down is supposed to be!).

x

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I wanted to thank you for following....consider yourself being followed too. :)

Oh...and I saw that blog on the little cottage in the Catskills ---- breathtaking.

Cheers~
e

Laura said...

Hi trish, glad you had a nice trip, look forward to seeing the rest of your photos!!, must go and check out the other blog you mentioned!
hugs, lauraxxx

Christine said...

Welcome back Trish, sounds like you have a lovely time away! Christine x

Tara said...

I live at the base of the Blue Mountains..aren't they beautiful? Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm really enjoying yours...

Dream House Trish said...

Thank you so much for missing me everyone, this is nice to know, it has taken me 6 hours to catch up on everything I missed over the past 4 days!!!
Cheers

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Trish,

I also loved the story about this imaginative lady who made her shack into a retreat. So fun!

Warmly, Michelle

AddThis Smart Layers