Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, November 1, 2011

News Update

So much to tell & its all good!!!


The local council have approved our development application to build our house
YAHOOOO!!!

Now we just need to sell a house to raise some cash...I am sending many positive sale thoughts into the universe, hopefully some good news on that front soon!

My little guy turned 9 last week. We had a great pool party as well as a few games of Laser Tag.
I completely forgot to take photos of the yummy treats & this was all that was left of the cake. This is a wheat free, dairy free butter cake with vienna cream frosting. It was a huge hit. I also made jelly cups with 4 different coloured layers & they looked fantastic. I wish I had taken a few pics, oh well!!!
 

We got into the spirit of Halloween, only after my kids guilted me into it.

These 3 terrors had a blast, my sons friend just had everyone in hysterics. Nobody expects to see a 9yr old boy in pink fairy wings & a tutu. He is a real hoot, this kid, our whole family just loves him to death, tutu & all!!!

I recently did a post about dream child No1 graduating from high school & her plans for the future. You can read about it here if you missed it & I am leaving you confused.
 
She went for a portfolio interview at Billie Blue Design College & has been accepted to study a Bachelor of design in branded fashion. She is still in the running for their scholarship, she now needs to submit a second lot of her work & wait for the final result.
Fingers & toes crossed she wins the scholarship!!!
She is really excited for this opportunity & has decided this will definitely be the path she follows.
 
I have still have more news but I think I will save that for another post, I don't want to bombard you with useless tidbits of my life.
 
Do you have those times where life just feels great?
 
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week :))
 
CHEERS
Trish xxx
 
 



11 comments:

Just Martha said...

Wow, life is really fantastic at the moment. Fingers and toes crossed for Dream Child No 1. I might need to get an autograph now before she becomes too famous! I was telling someone the other day about her garbage bag dresses. Keep us posted... and maybe a few shots of her new work too? Please. Is this your actual plans? If so I will need my glasses and a cuppa to study it. I l-o-v-e plans!!! As for the pink fairy, what an amazing kid. Master T wouldn't do that and he is 11!! Good luck with it all... XX

Ez said...

YAY for plans!!! Now we just need those houses to sell - c'mon buyers!!

That cake was seriously the nicest cake I have ever eaten and because of that I made myself sick on it! lol

Those boys are hilarious!

Goodluck No. 1! Maybe she can design some pants for us short legged peeps..?? lol

x

www.lifesstylen.blogspot.com

The Decorating Emporium said...

Woohoooooo! Great news all 'round, Trish. It is just fantastic when everything is going well, isn't it.

Best wishes for DC#1, on her own path to live her dreams.

M
xxo

Jenny said...

Great news Trish, hopefully you can start that build soon. Congrats also to your daughter and happy birthday to the no so little man. Big things are happening! ;-)

Beautiful House said...

So exciting, lots of great news. Sending many positive sale thoughts your way.x

brismod said...

Wow. So much great news. Your dream house will no longer be a dream!
What a classic friend your son has! A real individual. Love it. And have my fingers crossed for your daughter. I hope she gets the scholarship. xx

KL said...

Congratulations on all counts Trish! Having those plans approved must feel great! And for your daughter to be accepted to BB; WOW she must be elated and you so proud! It's lovely to hear such positives, life's good.
x KL

Unknown said...

That's all great news and I love the pink fairy wings!
Kylie x

Melinda said...

Great news Trish - finally! You must be so thrilled. Now the fun begins. I'll be crossing everything that your house sells quickly and you can begin building that dream house!

lucia m said...

woWW!! congrtas!!! :D


www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Brooke said...

Hi Trish! Lovely to meet you and your fabulous blog. I'm looking forward to following your dream home journey!

AddThis Smart Layers