Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, November 13, 2011

A blue christmas

I have finally settled on a theme for this years Christmas tree
I'm calling it

 "Glitter & Ice"

as its going to be blue silver & white!!!

Here is what has me inspired this year!

source Decorating Ideas

source She Knows

Love the co ordinated wrapping, I will be seeking out some fabulous paper & ribbon.
 Do you like to wrap your gifts to match your tree or do you just get an array of christmas gift wraps & go for it?

source House of Turquoise

Im wishing for a fireplace so I could decortae a mantel!!!



I am thinking I might sew a tree skirt to dress things up a little, this one looks kind a pretty don't you think?




I am seriously in love with this one, I think I could adapt it to my colour scheme. I would need to whip up some of those cute cushions & perhaps a fur stocking.... or 4...one for each offspring :)
Notice how I say "whip up" like I am some sort of cushion sewing pro, ha ha ha, Im sure it will be a long winded task with all of the interruptions one faces with children & a husband, but do able all the same!!!

Above images all from Pinterest

Now i am not hosting Christmas lunch this year, we are heading to my brothers house, but if I was I think I would want my table to look like this one.
Ooh, I have a sudden urge to have an Xmas dinner party......

Happy decorating everyone!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

11 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

I love that colour combination. I try to be co-ordinated with colours but I always seem to end up being very traditional and going with red, green and gold. I can't wait to see how your Glitter & Ice tree looks!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

PS I am hosting my weekly Pinterest party at the moment so if you have 5 Minutes to pop by please do... maybe you could even link up this post!
xo

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Beautiful colors! I love using unconventional color schemes! Make sure to blog about your "Blue Christmas"!

Warmly, Michelle

Brooke said...

What a gorgeous colour combination. I can't wait to see the tree when it's finished!

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

I like your theme! Could be very cool and icy, almost frosty.. :)
Try mixing a touch of deep purple for contrast - just a little - i did one year and it really just all came together.... happy decorating!

Ez said...

This is going to go fantastically with your loungeroom!!! The blogging world is making me so keen to decorate for xmas this year!

And I totally think you should have an xmas dinner partay! ;-)

x

Wyl said...

Love it! I am thinking of doing the same colours this year. I am not sure if it will compliment my blue and white house with blue feature walls etc or whether its going to look way overdone...

Let me know if you find any awesome decorations cheap!

Melinda said...

One of my favourites, after red and white. Love your beautiful images and inspiration. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Beautiful House said...

Hi Trish, gorgeous trees and I love the colours, I definately match my tree to my wrapping, or I wouldn't sleep.x

chateaudelille said...

Lovely collection. This theme is always a fave for me. Fiona

tracy said...

We gone blue this year too...wonderful ideas thanks
Grace

Pearl Maple said...

Beautiful themes for a fresh coastal Christmas, thanks for sharing

AddThis Smart Layers