Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alfresco Dining

Here in Australia we really do have great weather for outdoor dining & a fabulous alfresco area really is a must for our dream house.
I have been on the hunt for some images to show my dream guy just what I would like to do with our alfresco area.

Wittman Deck traditional porch
 
Logans Hammer Building & renovating from Seattle, USA
had just what I was looking for...

 
Wittman Deck traditional porch

Although I would like that timber ceiling & hand rails painted white
I do love the stone fireplace surround. It would be great to have an outdoor kitchen like this , but I think something a little less extravagant will be more in our budget. A cupboard with some bench space & a built in BBQ would do the trick, don't you think?
 My dream guy likes the look of stack stone used in home decor, whether it is indoors, part of the facade or even used in the landscaping, this would give him the opportunity to use that product within our house design.

Wittman Deck traditional porch

This outdoor kitchen actually has a built in fridge, freezer & sink, not to mention a flat screen tv!
I don't know, I love to escape the tv, not have it follow me outside!!!

Wittman Deck traditional porch

We will definately be having a ceiling fan as they actually keep the fly's away. You can pop your food on the table & not worry that it will be covered in flys before you blink your eyes!!!

Wittman Deck traditional porch

I'm seeing a lot of images with curtains on the outdoor area, but I don't think that is something I will use in my Alfresco design!

Have you got a fabulous outdoor dining space to enjoy & does it have a fireplace to extend its use into the chillier months?

CHEERS
 Trish xxx

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Love that outdoor area. I have ceiling fan's they are the greatest. They also keep mosquitoes at bay. Mimi xx

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that those images (bbq, fireplace etc) have been photoshopped - just from the shadows and gradients, not that that's got anything to do with your post, just observed it :)

I love your ideas. I'd love a fire place in an alfresco area, have you seen those ones that are two way? THey are a fireplace in the lounge that goes through the wall to the alfresco and you can see through them? That's my dream... A ceiling fan would be fantastic too and I love the look of outdoor curtains but not so sure of the practicality. Wow, long comment, sorry Trish, hehehe!
Jxx

Just Martha said...

I think the whole fan thing getting rid of flies sounds quite the go!! are you away on your holiday or are you back now? no doubt you will post something about your adventures...

orchidlanedecor.com said...

I like this post, I'm yet to "decorate" our outdoor area. Love the idea of curtains, but I'd agree that it would probably not be very practical. I never thought of fans being useful for keeping away insects. That's something to think about.

Suzy xxx

AddThis Smart Layers