Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A trip to the Red Centre

The dream guy & I had an amazing time at Uluru (Ayers Rock)


This is Uluru at sunset.
It really is a magical place, you can watch it change colours throughout the day, but the changes are dramatic at sunrise & sunset!


Sunrise at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park


Sunrise, the sky was incredible



Kata Tjuta at sunrise

Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) has 36 domes & looks so different depending on where you are at, but like Uluru it changes colours before your very eyes



Kata Tjuta at sunset


Also Kata Tjuta at sunset, you can see what I mean about the colours changing...


We actually went out there to climb the rock, you know, conquer one of the 7 wonders of the world, but on the day we planned it, the climb was closed due to gusty winds...I was very disappointed about this.
The next day we had a tour booked that included a base walk & there was enough time for us to climb part of the way.
I have to say that after starting the climb I realize I wouldn't have gone all the way after all, its extremely steep & I found it a little terrifying. This is a pic of the dream guy & I sitting on what they call chicken rock, apparently if you make it past here, you can make it all the way!!!


This is the view looking down from as far as I managed to climb, which is approximately 25metres up, the entire climb takes you to a great height of 346 metres. I can only imagine how incredible the view would be!!!



These incredible chairs are placed at all the viewing areas throughout the national park & each one is individual, apparently you can have them made for your own place, you just have to get on the end of the 2yr waiting list!!


We attanded a Sounds of Silence dinner, which was at a secret location in the desert with incredible views of the sunset & a variety of Australian cuisine & wines.
I sampled crocodile, Kangaroo & of course barrumundi. The food was superb & we got to meet some really lovely people.

I have to say, this really is a place you have to see for yourself, the sheer size is overwhelming, the colours are stunning & the history behind why it is so sacred to the aboriginal community really does make you feel priveledged to be there.

If its on your travel wish list, then you must go ASAP, you wont regret it!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

P.S Ive been catching up on everyones blogs & really would love to leave some comments, but, unfortunately blogger wont play fair.
Thank you so much for dropping by, hopefully blogger will get it togethor soon & I can let you know I dropped by to appreciate your work.
Downloading photos for this post took FOREVER!!!!!
( I actually took 360 photos in 4 days, LOL..... I luuuuurve my new camera & all of the tricks I have been learning from the internet on how to use it)










9 comments:

Ez said...

Your pics are beautiful and it looks like you had an amazing time! I'm glad, you guys deserve it!

x

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip. I have friends who are headed there in the July holidays. I am amazed at how steep the climb is, it looks quite scary! xx

Unknown said...

Wow it looks amazing, I love your photos Trish!
Jxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks awesome. Love the pics.

Mimi said...

Beautiful pictures Trish, I really would love to visit Uluru. Mimi xx

Laura said...

Hi trish, looks just gorgeous!! so glad you enjoyed your trip and made good use of your camera!! The shot that you took looking down the rock to the cars - looks so steep and high up! Love your dark hair too! Have a great sunday! Laura xx

Farmers Wifey said...

Beautiful pics!! I can really identify with you because we are building our dream home too...I love planning how it will all look, it's so exciting x

Paula said...

Good for you, Trish - looks like you had a fantastic time and love your photos too. A true natural wonder x

Unknown said...

dear trish,
i'm taking my son to uluru in Feb. for his 18th and we'll be doing a similar itinerary as you did.
i was thrilled to find your posts - i'm so excited.
thanx for the info!!
cheers, jude

AddThis Smart Layers