Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, July 31, 2011

More kitchens to dream about

Ive been on the hunt for the perfect kitchen ideas for my dream house.
 I have collected various inspiration pics because I like a little bit of this & a little bit of that.
Of course the ones that I think are perfect are no doubt way to costly for my budget.
Most of my inspiration tends to come from American homes, where the cost of building appears to be a lot less expensive than here in Australia. 
Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary kitchen
image via Houzz

I love the range hood design & the tile splash back in this lovely kitchen. Shaker profile doors & cabinetry is a given, as well as a concealed range hood.

kitchen modern kitchen


I love a good appliance cupboard & I am yet to decide what sort of door to use. These pocket doors are fantastic to look at.
 I had a mini roller door in my last kitchen which was very practical & still looked great!



A lovely example of the roller door...

Image House & garden

I love this appliance cupboard, it appears to be a bi fold door.
The open shelving beside the range hood is a lovely finish that I could definately live with.
What do you think?


source unknown

I think this coffee making set up is Divine, I don't actually have the space to create such a lovely area in my kitchen, but, a girl can dream, cant she!!!


Image The house of turquoise

Now this kitchen is a dream come true, I love the island, the range hood, the overhead cupboards, the open shelf above the fridge & don't forget that lovely ceiling.


Oh well dreaming is free!!!

What are the must have features for your kitchen?

Do you have an appliance cupboard to conceal the everyday things, like the kettle?

Have a fabulous week everyone :)

CHEERS
Trish xxx







7 comments:

Ez said...

Oh these beautiful pictures make me feel sad for my poor lil kitchen! haha.

Although one day when I build a dream home a coffee making set up will be an absolute must have! ;-)

Shayne said...

Gorgeous inspirational pics :)

We just moved into our new place (knock down rebuild with a volume builder) 8 weeks ago today and although limited by what our builder offered I insisted on an appliance cupboard :)

After a number of incorrect drawing they finally managed to get it *almost* the way I wanted it!

I have pocket doors that look neat when the cupboard is open, and inside sits the toaster and blender, and above those I have a little half shelf where the tea/coffee/hot chocolate makings sit neatly and are ready to go :)

I have one of those fancy Breville Tea Making Kettles and its not ugly to look at it so it sits out on my bench.

One thing I couldnt get that I really wanted was a built in rubbish/recycling drawer - next time for sure!

Unknown said...

I heard you laughing at me say the "forever house".....
So I had to pop in and see these gorgeous pics you have posted ......
I think I have seen a breakfast nook once and that I think will take over from the appliance cupboard.....
A whole cupboard with a shelf to put kettle, toaster, vegemite, all the coffee and tea canisters and a bench to put it all together....it was fabulous...now to find some pics.;-)xK

Jilly said...

Your idea is very helpful and very much beneficial for getting a new idea about roller door. It is really wonderful to share here, helps lot to my new home furniture.
web design

Unknown said...

Great dream kitchens Trish. I would love an appliance cupboard and if we ever build it will be a must have. xx

Melinda said...

Love your kitchen inspiration. I have many of these pics in my file too. We have similar ideas too about the dream kitchen. I always struggle with the appliance cabinet and finding the space for one and making it look attractive. But I think that it's nice if you have a beautiful new kitchen to be able to hide all that stuff like the kettle, sugar bowl and dishes of old teabags somewhere behind closed doors.

B is building a house said...

Amazing inspiration piccies.

I wish I was having an appliance cupboard :(

http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/

AddThis Smart Layers